Getting stressed out about hair loss can pull you into a cycle of anxiety that makes everything worse. Asking yourself “why does my hair keep falling out so much?” often leads you to point the finger at everything from stress to pregnancy.
The truth is that there are many factors that can lead to excess shedding. However, worrying about them does not help. It’s time to stop losing your cool, and read our top tips to stop hair loss. Follow these simple steps you can take right now.
Despite the diversity of hair loss causes, there is one universal truth about hair loss: you can improve the health of your hair by making changes to your nutritional intake.
In order to fuel the hair growth cycle, your body requires vitamins, minerals and other essential nutrients to nourish hair follicles from within. Most of these ingredients are available in a variety of foods, but many people’s diets are not varied enough to ensure an adequate supply. This lack of variation is usually due to our busy 21st-century lives, getting in the way of good old-fashioned food preparation. A simple solution is to supplement your diet with Viviscal Professional, which contains a specialized blend of nutrients to reduce shedding and promote hair growth.
How to Stop Hair from Falling out in the Shower
As a hair expert, I am often asked why some people experience so much hair loss in the shower. Often, the question comes from men asking about their partner, and the answer is that women tend to have longer strands and more hair falling out to get stuck in the drains!
If you feel like you shed hair excessively in the shower, there are a few simple things you can do to when seeking how to stop hair from falling out naturally, in addition to supplementing your diet.
- Use a gentle shampoo that is free from SLS/SLES. This protects against irritation of the scalp, which can cause inflammation and inhibit the healthy promotion of hair growth.
- Use a moisturizing conditioner predominantly derived from natural ingredients. Dry hair can become brittle, so ensuring that it remains hydrated helps to protect against breakage.
- Avoid wrapping your hair in a large coarse towel after showering. This can lead to friction causing breakage. This is covered in our article, 5 things you want to know for growing out hair.
How to Stop Hair from Falling out from Stress
- Get regular exercise. This helps to reduce stress levels, and keep cortisol levels under control. Read more about cortisol levels and hair loss.
- Practice proper nutrition. Again, this is essential for looking and feeling our best. A good diet goes a long way to promote healthy hair growth, and vitamin deficiencies do not make us happy or healthy.
- Banish the laptop from the bedroom and invest in some curtains that black out the room completely. This will help to improve the quality of your sleep, which in turn helps to make you feel less stressed.
How to Stop Hair from Falling out after Pregnancy
This type of hair loss is a little different, as it is usually caused by hormonal changes. All of the aforementioned points about nutrition still apply, of course, but it is important to recognize that pregnancy sends our bodies on a roller coaster of hormones.
If you are experiencing post-pregnancy hair loss, then this is usually a completely natural cycle and your hair will return to normal, given time. If you are feeling self-conscious about thinning hair, try Viviscal Hair Filler Fibers. These microfibers are electrostatically charged to stick to your existing hair, and can be matched to your natural color. They are weather-resistant and can be easily washed out with shampoo.
We hope that these tips help you to see how to stop hair from falling out naturally or with the help of a few clinically tested and drug free products. Aside from pregnancy (obviously!), the above tips offer guidance on how men can stop hair from falling out as well as women.